Julia has over 14 years of town planning experience, working for a range of clients on a wide variety of projects. These have included internationally recognised film and television studios, national hotel chains, major landowners and corporate owners and occupiers of property.
Julia is recognised by Grand Designs, having provided expert planning advice on their Ask an Expert stand at the Grand Designs Live shows at NEC and ExCel at consecutive shows since 2007. Julia has also provided seminars and participated in debates at the shows on planning matters.
Julia is a speaker on planning matters to the Ideal Home Show..
Julia has been planning advisor to Build It Live since 2016.
Julia has provided planning advice at The Big Green Home Show (2016).
Julia is an active member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, having undertaken the following:
- Elected member of General Assembly (2010 – 2012). Responsible for advising RTPI Board.
- RTPI APC Assessor and Mentor (2010 – present)
- Member of RTPI APC Advisory Panel (2012) (2014 – present)
- Chair of London Region of the Institute (2012)
- Senior Vice Chair London Region (2011)
- Member of London Region Regional Activities Committee (2010 – present)
- Member of London Region Young Planners group (2010 – 2011).
This active involvement provides a firm and up to date knowledge of planning matters and evolving policy.
Julia has been a panel speaker at EcoBuild, one of the global leading shows in sustainable design and construction.
Julia has provided CPD lectures at the COD Foundation Lecturer on planning matters.
Julia was co-author of ‘Planning for Custom Build Housing: A Practice Guide’ (2012) on behalf of NaSBa (now NaSCBA – National Custom and Self Build Association).