Castle Planning offers town planning services in relation to a broad spectrum of types of development.
Our experience includes residential, commercial, education and leisure uses in a range of geographies, primarily in London and the south east of England.
Our planning services include:
- Planning Feasibility Appraisals – Assessing and advising on the development potential of sites in the context of planning policy and opportunity.
- Pre-application Advice – Involvement in the evolution of proposals, working alongside client and architect/ technical team to identify and refine proposals to identify and minimise risk and achieve client aims. Undertake pre-application process with consultees and local planning officers to refine proposals and planning approach prior to formal planning application being made.
- Planning Applications – We are experienced in working alongside our clients in preparing, submitting and negotiating planning applications for a range of types and scales of development. This includes the appointment and management of multi-disciplinary project teams in the preparation of more complex applications and the preparation of planning documentation and supporting statements on planning and related matters, such as Green Belt Very Special Circumstances and Alternative Sites Assessments.
- S106 Negotiations – Undertaking negotiations of planning contributions to achieve a deliverable planning permission, which planning contributions which are reasonable and related to the proposals.
- Appeals – There are circumstances where planning applications are refused for a range of reasons or are not determined by the local authority within a reasonable timescale, which may require the pursuit of a planning appeal. We can advise on all types of planning appeal, including; written representations, submissions, informal hearings and public enquiries.
- Public Consultation – Public Consultation is an important part of the planning process. We have experience of advising on appropriate strategies for consultation and arranging and participating in a range of types of consultation, including; newsletters, press releases, one to one meetings, public meetings, exhibitions and presentations to a range of stakeholders.
- Third Party Representations – We regularly provide advice to our clients in objecting to or supporting planning proposals and planning policy at all stages of these processes and in relation of a range of types and scales of development.
- Development Plan Monitoring and Representations – As with third party representations, we provide clients on advice in relation to the involvement with influencing emerging planning policy, which may affect the future development potential of land and sites. We can advise on the strategic approach to this process and undertake submission of representations and appearance at public examination.