Castle Planning are delighted to be planning advisors to Grand Designs Live, Built It Live and the Ideal Home Show.
Castle Planning have attended the launch of the Government's planning reform consultation, March 2018. See our first thoughts here:
Theresa May, Prime Minister, “The gap between permissions granted and homes built is too large.”
Castle Planning attended the launch of the consultation on the revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and other associated planning documents on Monday 5th March, 2018.
In launching this consultation, The Prime Minister set out a strong approach in terms of the Government’s drive to deliver new homes through a range of mechanisms, including Help to Buy, but noted that, fundamentally, to stop rising house prices, we need to be delivering more homes and the planning system needs to be allowing this to happen.
The Government’s proposals include a major overhaul to the planning system, the documentation for which is now out on consultation until the 10th May 2018 and includes:
- National Planning Policy Framework: Consultation Proposals
- National Planning Policy Framework: Draft Text for Consultation
- Draft Planning Practice Guidance for Viability
- Housing Delivery Test: Draft Measurement Rulebook
The Prime Minister set out proposed measures to facilitate the delivery of new homes, which will include:
- A more streamlined planning process.
- Delivery of more homes for rent.
- Easier conversion of abandoned commercial sites to residential use.
- Provision of targets for the delivery of new homes.
- Allowing local planning authorities to control the delivery of sites.
- Ensuring infrastructure delivery leads and enables development.
Fundamentally, it was identified that the Government want to see the delivery of development, not just planning permissions.
The consultation is open until 10th May 2018. Please contact us for further information or support in preparing representations.